Inspired by the greatest links lands of the world, The Montgomerie Golf Course pays tribute to the traditions of the game and sets a challenge like no other.
This is golf at its purest. This is adrenaline and shot-making at its best. Designed by Colin Montgomerie, it’s a journey across sweeping fairways, cavernous bunkers and impeccable greens. It’s an adventure from first to last and is proud to have hosted the world’s finest golfers at the 2005 and 2006 Irish Opens.
COLIN MONTGOMERIE attempted to go back to a more traditional golf course. I looked at the great courses around the world – Royal Melbourne, Troon, Turnberry – and worked out what is so good about them. One thing that springs to mind – bunkering. They are hazards and they work with the prevailing wind.
Few holes are straight up and down the wind but tend to be across, which brings the bunkering into play. This is the kind of course where the best players would
always come out on top
* Joint winner of prestigious 'Committed to Green Award'
* Winner of "Best New Design of the Year 2004" Award - Golf World, January 2005
* Ranked 10th in Ireland by US Golfers Digest magazine - April 2005
* Home to the 2005 & 2006 Nissan Irish Open
* Home to the 2004 AIB Irish Amateur Open Championship. of 2